Personal TrainingOne on one strength training, cardiovascular and nutrition counseling. Training can be done in your home or at designated facilities where I have training privileges. If you belong to a health club, check their policies regarding outside personal trainers.
Online TrainingUse the power of the Internet to help you with your exercise program. The knowledge and aid of my personal training expertise is now just a click away. A Brown University study found that the Internet is a good way to deliver structured behavior weight-loss programs. Dieters who received weekly advice on the Internet lost three times as much weight in six months as those who just had access to diet and exercise. Web-based fitness is perfect for people who travel a lot or just want an affordable alternative to one-on-one personal training. Click here to get started with my online training.
Pilates InstructionDeveloped by Joseph Pilates in the early 1900's, the Pilates method involves controlled movements combined with breathing and visualization to improve posture, core-strength and balance. Group instruction is subject to availability.
Post-RehabilitationTherapeutic exercise programs for individuals who are afflicted with or recovering from cardiovascular, neuromuscular or orthopedic disease and procedures.
Corporate WellnessFor companies seeking to bring quality health and education to their premises.
The Top Ten Reasons To Hire A Personal Trainer(with apologies to David Letterman)
- Safety - a personal trainer is able to observe and provide feedback on correct exercising movements so as to minimize your risk of injury.
- Accountability - a personal trainer will work you to establish goals, schedules and keep you on track, enabling greater success.
- Knowledge - a personal trainer is educated in human anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics. and training concepts and methodologies.
- Avoid Plateaus - a personal trainer can help you break out of rut if you have been unable to progress past a certain point.
- Customization - a personal trainer will design a program that is tailored to your needs and goals. One size fits all definitely does not apply here.
- Convenience - a personal trainer can work with you in your home.
- Time - a personal trainer can work around your schedule and provide maximum workouts in minimal time.
- Variety - a personal trainer will develop new and different ways to work out. This keeps things fresh and is linked to avoiding plateaus by challenging your muscles and not letting them adapt when you do the same exercise routine over and over.
- Improvement - a personal trainer can help you improve your technical skills in a particular sport
- Partnership - A lifestyle change like this is a journey, and one that you do not have to take alone. If you hate exercising by yourself, we're with you and can make it a fun and enjoyable experience. Don't know where to start? We can give you a foundation. Frustrated? We're there to cheer you on. We're in this together and want you to succeed as much as you do.